While the term “golf” precedes the cart, these 1,000 lb. vehicles powered by a 4-stroke engine can be used for so much more than carrying your clubs and a cold one around the course. These extremely fuel efficient or even electric models can provide transportation in so many other businesses and for numerous occasions.
There are many uses for refurbished golf carts. Here are just a few uses for pre-owned golf carts that go beyond the back nine.
- School athletic departments. From the athletic director to the athletic trainer to the teacher taking gate to the concessions manager. Everyone needs to get to and from their work areas on large high school campus, especially when multiple games or tennis matches are happening at the same time. And since school budgets don’t always allow for new, lower-priced refurbished golf carts are ideal.
- Warehouses and lumberyards. It takes a lot of time to walk the expanse of most warehouses. A golf cart could mean more visibility for a manger to keep operations moving smoothly.
- Nurseries. It takes a lot of land to grow trees and plants, and getting around quickly and efficiently is a must.
- Farms and vineyards and orchards. Checking on the crops takes vigilance and a lot of time and getting to more of the area ensures a watchful eye and takes less time.
- Construction and renovation sites. There’s a lot to manage and you have to see the problem to assess and find a solution. These 4×4 carts are designed to traverse rough terrain.
- Retirement communities. When mobility is an issue, a golf cart can make it easy to make a quick trip to a neighbor’s condo or to the clubhouse easy. There are even some retirement communities that have built golf cart trail systems. The Villages in Florida is one such community that built 100 miles of trails and allows carts on many of their streets.
- Private beachfront or lake communities. Kids as young as 13 (depending on the state) can legally drive a golf cart, and these types of properties are perfect for them to have a little freedom of the (less open) road.
- Hunting. Specialty carts designed to be whisper quiet to allow you to get closer to your game are popular with hunters. These Bad Boy Buggies can take you and your buddies and all your gear out to the back woods in style.
Leasing or Renting
Only going to be needing a cart for a little while? Renting and leasing might suit your needs.
Outdoor events and festival coordinators need dependable transportation for a short time. Whether it’s a 10k, a parade, an arts festival or an outdoor concert, event coordinators need to be able to quickly put out fires and keep the event running on schedule. Some models can carry up to 10 passengers, which could be especially useful in transporting guests or participants at one of these events. If you are vacationing in a time-share or a condo and only need a cart for a few weeks, a rental might be just the ticket.
Family reunions and outdoor weddings are other occasions where a golf cart rental might be helpful to ensure any guests with mobility issues can easily navigate the party and not miss out on any of the fun. Young mothers with lots of little ones might also appreciate the help carting baby gear around an outdoor family reunion destination.
As you can see, golf carts are not limited to simply lazy days on the golf course. The uses for refurbished golf carts are numerous and these carts can be used by both young and old alike.