Essential and non essential.
Just one more divide that is determine the future of individuals.
If your business has been deemed essential by local government officials then it is likely that you have been able to continue going to work. This also means, of course, that you may be setting you and your employers up to more chances of exposure. From grocery clerks to pharmacists to baristas, there are many people who are labels essential who are going to work on a somewhat regular schedule. There are also others, of course, that labeled as non essential have been literally stripped of their livelihood.
Somewhere in the middle of this great divide, however, are the independent auto body shops and auto paint shops that are able to operate with minimal risk to themselves and their customers. Already working in a filed where cleanliness was next to godliness, painting a car in an auto paint shop has involved a very sterile and clean environment for some time. Even in auto paint shops that only see one or two vehicles a day, the practice of frequent air exchanges and wearing face masks and other protective gear is common.
Many Auto Paint Shops Offer a Way to Help Clients Get the Most Professional Results
Whether you are looking for a professional for repairing dents from hail or you are looking at collision repair services after a teenage fender bender, the practices that are used by a auto body shop often determine the number of customers they get. Getting a car fixed today, however, is not as easy as it has been in the past. Dealing with the stay at home restrictions that are in place in many parts of the country, of course, is one of the problems, but so, too, is the financial implications that many Americans are facing. Being furloughed or being assigned limited hours means that many people are not able to address the auto repair work that they may have done in the past.
As a results, auto repair shops are likely to see an influx of business when social distancing restrictions are lifted and when some Americans are able to get back to work and earn their typical paychecks again. In the meantime, however, there are many single owner auto body and paint shops who are still in the business of working on one or two cars at a time and delivering a high quality result.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the significant role that auto repair and maintenance has not only on the success of people getting where they need to go on a daily basis, but also on the economy of the nation:
- Accounting for almost 33% of all crashes that year, there were nearly 2 million rear end collisions in the year 2014 alone. It will take a while to look at all of the most recent statistics, but it is likely that these numbers will significantly decrease as the number of cars on the road are limited by local restrictions and stay at home orders.
- Distracted driving, drunk driving, and speeding are the three most common causes of car accidents in the U.S. Perhaps it is not surprising that there are many indications that speeding is more prevalent that now that there are fewer cars on the road.
- Surface pit, combination break, half moon, bullseye, crack, and star breaks are the six basic types of windshield breaks that occur on vehicles. Some of these problems can actually be fixed by having a technician come to your home or work site instead of having to take your vehicle in to a shop.
- Weather, negligence, fender benders, and high speed collisions are the four main causes of auto body damage. The end result, however, is often the same: a trip to an auto body or paint shop.
- There is an average of a rear end collision on U.S. roads every eight seconds.
- Research from a recent survey found that an estimated 77% of cars were in need of maintenance or repairs. And while some of these repairs or maintenance are mainly cosmetic, some determine the safety of a vehicle.