This is the time of year when even a little bit of sun and warm temperatures will send everyone to the car wash. In fact, if you were to see the lines you might mistaking my think that you were going to an amusement park or concert. Those big lines, in fact, that form any time there is a break in the weather are an indication of just how important a clean car is to so many Americans. From fleece trunk mats for the back seat area to custom measures and fit rubber mats for sedans, SUVs, and vans, there are any number of products that consumers will spend money on.
Americans spend an inordinate amount of time in their vehicles. From traveling to and from work and school to taking kids to afternoon activities, families often spend as much time in their automobiles as they do in their homes some days. And while it can be easy to get your home or work carpet cleaned or vacuumed, this is not always the case when it comes to a car. For this reason, many new car buyers make purchasing fleece trunk mats, molded truck mats, and other kinds of vinyl custom floor mats a priority. As an extra layer of protection from the mud, rain, and snow, floor mats in the passenger area of a car can be easily removed and cleaned whenever needed. Likewise, fleece truck mats or other kinds of molded trunk mats can also serve as an extra layer of protection that can be removed when groceries spill on the way home from the store or plants and shrubs are brought home from the nursery.
What Are You Doing to Protect the Carpeting in Your Vehicle?
Chances are that if you are a meticulous house cleaner then you also want to make sure that your vehicle remains clean as well. When your kids need to eat a quick snack between school and soccer practice, however, spills happen. Because carpet in a vehicle is often more difficult to clean than carpet that is in a home, however, it is important to make sure that you have the right kind of protection in your car, truck, SUV, or van. Many vehicle owners go even one step further and take the time and invest the money in making sure that they also purchase fleece trunk mats as well. From suitcases that are drug through airports and parking lots to live Christmas trees that are brought home for the holidays, the items that we put in our trucks can be even more messy than the items that are in the car.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the amount of time that people spend in their automobiles and the many reasons that they may have for investing in custom measured and cut molded rubber or fleece truck mats, as well as mats for the interior passenger areas:
- There are greater numbers of bacteria in cars that carried children, and in places where drink or food had been spilled, according to a study by Charles P. Gerba, a celebrity microbiologist. The reason for this increased number of bacteria is food spillage provides food for bacteria.
- Recent surveys indicate that 70% of drivers eat or drink in their cars, an indication that custom made floor mats are a great investment.
- Commuters say their average drive to work takes 26 minutes, while the median is 20 minutes. The worst car commute can take an average of 46 minutes, but a median of 30.
- It should come as no surprise then that Americans report they spend an average of 87 minutes a day in their cars, but a median of 60 minutes.
- One of the scariest statistics is that the environment inside a car might be two to 10 times more polluted than breezes over the freeway.
- Experts recommend that you should consider replacing a car’s carpeting if it is 10-years-old or older.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and while it may not seem like the most romantic kind of gift, fleece trunk mats can help both you and your loved one protect the flooring in your vehicle.